Parliamentary Election 2019
International Observers / Monitors
Elections Commission of Maldives opens invitation for interested parties to observe and monitor Parliamentary Election 2019 on 6th April 2019. This opening is from 5th February 2019 till 23rd February 2019.
With regard to Parliamentary Elections Act the criteria for the interested parties are as follows.
- Should be 18 years of age
- Representatives of international associations and societies related to electoral activities accredited by the associations they belong to.
- Applicants shall not be involved in campaigning for any candidate or political party.
All accredited monitors and observers will be duly contacted for logistics arrangements.
Application procedure for International Observers;
- Application form detail needs to be entered as in the applicant’s passport
- Attachments required to submit along with the application form must meet the following criteria and should not exceed 1MB in file size
- Color scan of passport which has at least 6 months of validity (in pdf format)
- A recent passport size picture which has been taken not more than three months ago. (in JPEG format, with resolution not lesser than 300dpi)
- A signed and scanned copy of ‘Parliamentary Elections, Observer/ Monitor Declaration (which is along with the application form)
- The applicant is also required to attach a letter of accreditation from the institution he/she is representing. This letter must include the applicant’s full name, passport number and designation. The letter must be in the official letterhead of the representing institution and must bear the official stamp as well.
- All documents should be submitted to [email protected]
Interest parties please follow the link to download the application form and other documents.
The application shall be rejected if the application is incomplete, contains incorrect information or attachments are missing.
Note: Passport photo must be taken in a white background measuring 45mm x 35mm with the applicants face covering 70-80% of the photograph. The face must be centred in the photo and no more than six months old.
Application form for International Observers/Monitors
Observer / Monitor Declaration
Code of Conduct for Observers and Monitors