1. Establish and strengthen the institution to deliver services in an independent, professional, trustworthy and transparent manner.
2. Establish and maintain an electoral environment conducive to free and fair elections.
3. Ensure an accurate and reliable voters registry and effective voter verification.
4. Enforce the regulatory mechanism of political parties and encourage their active participation in a multi-party democracy
5. Strengthen the legislative framework of electoral management and political parties.
6. Ensure the delivery of effective voter information and awareness programmes on electoral process to general public.
7. Build a competent and professional work force.